Food from Finland invites: Meet the Buyers from China - a chance to meet selected food & beverage importers and retail chains from China
Food from Finland invites you to meet the buyers from China on Thursday, December 15 (9am-5pm) and Friday, December 16 at Finpro (between 8am – 1pm).
To continuously support Finnish companies’ export efforts to China, Food from Finland organises the Meet the Buyers from China event in cooperation with our Chinese partner. We have invited a range of potential buyers from selected Chinese retail, HoReCa and e-commerce sales channels, who are interested in learning more about Finland’s pure and natural food offering to the Chinese consumers.
The meetings will be held on Thursday, December 15 and Friday, December 16 at Finpro, Porkkalankatu 1, Helsinki.
The following Chinese buyers will attend the event in Helsinki:
1. Lailihong Group
2. Wownew Commercial Management
9. Fortune Park
Please find more detailed information about the buyers in the attached “profiles of the buyers” file in the end of the invitation.
Are you interested in meeting the buyers?
Please register here by latest Thursday, December 1. Kindly indicate your initial preferences for importers, as well as the full name and contact details of the persons from your company that will be attending to the event.
Your information will be sent to the buyers and they will indicate, in advance, what companies they would like to meet with. Meetings will be organized accordingly.
Please find below some advises on how you arrive prepared for the meetings:
Make sure to have business cards and product catalogues available. If not in Chinese, then at least in English.
• Please have your price list available in English language. Include at least FOB Finland or preferably, CIF China.
• Remember to bring samples.
• Shelf life is a key issue in China and they normally ask for 12 months for prepacked food. Please include information about the shelf life of your products in your documents. If possible, also list your ingredients.
• If you spot a good opportunity, try to close sales or get as close as possible during the meetings. Don’t be too modest.
• Chinese are not always good at replying to emails. We recommend you to download the app “Wechat” (China’s largest social network app) for continuous communication. Make sure to add your Chinese contacts to your Wechat and use it to improve the follow-up.
• Follow-up is the key task for success and is commonly underestimated and forgotten. Remember that it’s one of the main features to stand out from your competitors.
• Remember that Chinese New Year 2017 takes place at the end of January. Do your follow-up latest mid-January and in mid-February you can start sending reminders.
• Prepare well for the upcoming meetings and do not hesitate to ask questions that you may have regarding China or the companies that you are meeting.
For more information:
Esa Wrang, Program Director +358 400 243 076, esa.wrang(at)finpro.fi
Jonna Wibelius, Senior Market Specialist +358 50 4681 764, jonna.wibelius(at)finpro.fi
Tiina Luoma, Senior Program Coordinator +358 50 464 3385, tiina.luoma(at)finpro.fi
THE PROFILES OF CHINESE BUYERS